The club are currently reviewing our ‘Return to Sport’ plans, in light of the latest government advice regarding outdoor organised sport for U18’s.
More guidance will be published this week, following a meeting of the committee and the coaches.
The club will adapt the Scottish Athletics guidance to suit our circumstances, facilities and volunteer and coach availability.
We have appointed a club ‘COVID’ coordinator as required by Scottish Athletics and Sport Scotland.
What we know so far
Training will not return as we all knew it pre-COVID. Our coaching team are working to plan how our new way of training will look.
Prior to Training Resuming
- We will be holding a virtual information session via Microsoft Teams for parents, carers and athletes. A date is still to be confirmed.
- Athletes will be required to have a current membership (which is free) to ensure that all contact details are up to date.
- Athletes and Parents/Carers will be issued with a document from the club detailing our predicted pathway back to training. Any updates will be emailed out to the current membership.
When Training Resumes
- Training will return with our older athletes at first (U15+), and we will introduce further sessions at a pace that the club feel appropriate.
- Athletes will have to book a session in advance. Athletes must NOT turn up if they have not booked. They will be turned away
- Athletes will be required to confirm at registration that they and their household are not suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Equipment, such as hurdles and throwing implements shall not be shared, and will be cleaned before and after use
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the gate and must be used when entering the track and then again when leaving.
- Whilst athletes do not require to physically distance on the track, they must remain 2m apart from coaching staff.
- At present, the toilets within the clubhouse will NOT be open. We are constantly reviewing this, and when we have a team of volunteers willing to carry out the regular cleaning required, we will then be able to reopen them.
Please keep an eye out on this page and our facebook page for further details.
For any information or if you have any concerns, contact Nick Stone (Club COVID Coordinator) via the club email; firstname.lastname@example.org