As of 21st March 2022, the legal requirements regarding COVID 19 have been removed. Therefore this page has been archived and available for reference only. No further updates will be provided unless necessary in the future.
Any COVID related questions can be sent to the club committee via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We have appointed a club ‘COVID’ coordinator as required by Scottish Athletics and Sport Scotland and have completed training provided by Sports Scotland to carry out the role competently.
Training may now resume to more ‘normal’ circumstances with a single session for all members (under the age of 18).
The following is still required to attend training.
- Athletes will have to book a session in advance. Athletes must NOT turn up if they have not booked. They will be turned away
- Athletes will be required to confirm at registration that they and their household are not suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Equipment, such as hurdles and throwing implements shall not be shared outwith a bubble, and will be cleaned before and after use
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the gate and must be used when entering the track and then again when leaving.
- Whilst athletes do not require to physically distance on the track, they must remain 2m apart from coaching staff.
- At present, the toilets at the Maggot will NOT be open. We are constantly reviewing this, and when we have a team of volunteers willing to carry out the regular cleaning required, we will then be able to reopen them. Toilets at the Community Centre will be open as normal.
Please keep an eye out on this page and our facebook page for further details.
The latest Scottish Athletics guidance on COVID can be found here
For any information or if you have any concerns, contact Nick Stone (Club COVID Coordinator) via the club email; email@example.com