Following the Scottish Government, Sport Scotland and Scottish Athletics advice, we are now permitted from Saturday 5th June 2021 to resume contact outdoor sport under Level 1 restrictions. This means a bubble of 100 athletes and coaches can gather for organised training.
We have appointed a club ‘COVID’ coordinator as required by Scottish Athletics and Sport Scotland and have completed training provided by Sports Scotland to carry out the role competently.
Training may now resume to more ‘normal’ circumstances with a single session for all members twice a week – 6.15pm till 7.15pm – Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The following is still required to attend training.
- Athletes will have to book a session in advance. Athletes must NOT turn up if they have not booked. They will be turned away
- Athletes will be required to confirm at registration that they and their household are not suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Equipment, such as hurdles and throwing implements shall not be shared outwith a bubble, and will be cleaned before and after use
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the gate and must be used when entering the track and then again when leaving.
- Whilst athletes do not require to physically distance on the track, they must remain 2m apart from coaching staff.
- At present, the toilets within the clubhouse will NOT be open. We are constantly reviewing this, and when we have a team of volunteers willing to carry out the regular cleaning required, we will then be able to reopen them.
Please keep an eye out on this page and our facebook page for further details.
The latest Scottish Athletics guidance on COVID can be found here
For any information or if you have any concerns, contact Nick Stone (Club COVID Coordinator) via the club email; firstname.lastname@example.org